Students will observe and understand how eagles deal with food materials they are not able to digest through watching videos, classroom discussion, and possibly pellet dissection. This lesson plan will take one class period.
- D32 casts a pellet: https://raptorresource.education/video-libraries/eagle-videos/
- DN12 casts a pellet: https://youtu.be/CWRVUdQnWMs
- DN9 casts a pellet under DNF’s watchful eye: https://youtu.be/pDlBindDCCo
- Oh Poop Shoot: https://www.raptorresource.org/2020/03/24/oh-poop-shoot/
- April 18, 2020: Decorah Babies breakfast! https://youtu.be/j3RQv4hlHKA
Teachers are welcome to apply for a Raptor Resource Project educational chat account to observe incubation, hatching, and eaglets with other classes from around the country. The chat is moderated by Raptor Resource Project volunteers. Link: https://www.raptorresource.org/classroom/. If you don’t have a Raptor Resource Project classroom account, register here: https://www.raptorresource.org/register/. All of our birdcams can be accessed at https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/.Life Science and Middle School